COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, and includes name, title, postal address, telephone number, email address, age, occupation and other information set out in the applicable Canadian and provincial privacy laws.
In carrying out our business in Canada, we collect various types of personal information with consent of the individual or when required or permitted by law, and this includes information about customers, patients, healthcare professionals (including physicians, pharmacists, and nurses), and visitors to our website. The types of personal information that we may collect include the following:
- the names and other contact information of visitors to our website who submit online requests for information on our products
- names and other contact information on patients who use our products and services, when contacting us (whether directly or through our affiliates or third party service providers assisting us in our administration of a service or program) to seek additional information about our products or services, in which case we may also collect the patients’ personal health information and medical histories to enable us to provide information that we believe is relevant to the patients’ health condition
- information about a patient’s lifestyle or household as this can often determine a patient’s ability to manage his or her medical condition
- information about a patient’s adverse reaction to our product in our reports to Health Canada or other regulatory agencies
- names and other contact information of patients who wish to participate in our clinical studies or to access products that are not currently commercially available in Canada
- information that we may collect during meetings with healthcare professionals, including information regarding their areas of practice or specializations, professional qualifications and other credentials as well as any questions, comments and opinions that they may have about our products or services
Passive Collection of Unidentifiable Information
TerSera Sites may collect information about your visits to such sites without you actively submitting such information. Unidentifiable information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and Web beacons. Your Internet browser automatically transmits to TerSera Sites some of this unidentifiable information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the browser version your computer is operating. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of TerSera Sites easier by allowing TerSera to provide better service, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the TerSera Sites. Certain features of TerSera Sites may not work without use of passive information collection technologies. Information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identity you without additional identifiable information.
Links to Other Websites
Sites Linking to Us
We do not endorse, and are not responsible for, websites that link to our websites.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information that TerSera Sites collect may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
to monitor interest in information contained on our website for marketing and research purposes and to make improvements to our website, its content and ease of use
- to administer questionnaires, surveys, and other discussion forum
- to respond to questions, feedback, comments and contest submissions
- to make improvements to our products and services
- to follow up and otherwise gather more information on reports of adverse events or complaints relating to our products or services
- to advise Health Canada or other regulatory agencies of adverse drug reactions and other related events in compliance with applicable laws
- to provide clinical evaluation packages to healthcare providers and obtain their feedback
- to obtain the advice of healthcare professionals to establish and sponsor educational programs to raise awareness of a health condition and health management practices as well as scientific and clinical developments
- to notify patients and healthcare professionals of product-related matters, including product recalls
- to market and promote our products and services
- to otherwise comply with regulatory, securities and other applicable laws
- to respond to court or administrative orders, or to bring or defend against legal actions
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose or transfer your personal information under the following circumstances:
- to Canadian and/or other international regulatory authorities as required, if you are reporting an adverse event or side effect
- to your healthcare providers, at your request, whether to obtain certain medical information from your healthcare provider, to provide certain product information to your healthcare provider or to otherwise assist you in participating in our program offerings
- to a court, administrative tribunal, governmental authority or other body authorized to compel the disclosure of your personal information, for the purpose of complying with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court or administrative order, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law
- if the rights or property of TerSera, its subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers or the users of our website may be compromised
- if the personal safety of users of our website or other members of the public may be compromised
Please note that as any of these disclosures may involve the storage or processing of personal information outside of Canada and may therefore be subject to different privacy laws than those applicable in Canada, including laws that require the disclosure of personal information to governmental authorities under circumstances that are different than those that apply in Canada.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except as required or permitted by law.
Your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be express (that is, where you were asked specifically for your consent, whether verbally or in writing) or implied (where your consent is necessary in order for us to provide the information, product or service requested), depending on the circumstances. Consent may also be provided in circumstances where notice has been given to you about how we would like to use your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent, for example, by indicating that you would like to “opt out” of allowing us to use or disclose the personal information for the purpose we had specified.
BY PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE WILL ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSE SPECIFIED, OR THE PURPOSE DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, AT THE TIME OF COLLECTION.
Where an individual is not capable of consenting to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her own personal information but you wish to provide us with that information, please ensure that consent is obtained from the person who is legally entitled to consent on behalf of that individual if such person is not you.
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and provision of reasonable notice. Please be aware that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, it may no longer be possible for us to provide you with certain information, products or services. Also, under some circumstances, you will not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures of personal information that you have originally consented to. For example, we may be required or permitted by law to collect, use or disclose (and store) personal information without your consent, to comply with other laws, an order of the court or other legal administrative tribunal or body, or an authorized inquiry of a government agency or to collect a debt owed to us or enforce a right under a contract.